Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cow In the Road

Something you deal with on a regular basis on a dairy farm is cows (yes I know obvious), but I don't mean cows in general.  I mean the kind of cows that are places you do not always expect to find them.  A few weeks ago for instance a few cows were blocking traffic on the main road.  This cow was simply on our road so it was not blocking anything but my passage and I was not in any hurry and I had my camera in the car.  This nice girl was also polite enough to vacate the road when I pulled up a little.  See the cows behind her, that is where she should be.  I think they are wondering how she did it.  That's the thing too, the ones who get out usually will get out again and again.  Once they know how that's it.

Sometimes they are in my yard, sometimes there is one and sometimes there are several and sometimes there are more then several.

We do though have an alarm of sorts that lets us know if any of the cows are out and happen to be in our general vicinity.

Slide will bark if there is a cow out in the yard at night.  Which is nice until I go to peek out the window and one of the said cows is looking back in at me.  Then I have to go change my underpants before I can go motivate the cows back in the direction of where it belongs and hope that someone up by the barns will put them back where they belong, which they typically do.

No comments:

Post a Comment