Monday, October 8, 2012

Several months later here I am....school is back and we are 2 months away from the highly anticipated birth of the newest member of our family.  I have been sewing a lot lately and this weekend I made this dress for the baby.  Now I just need to make or find a warm sweater and some stockings to go with and maybe this will be her Christmas dress.
Found the pattern for this dress in a stash of patterns that were in a bedroom closet when we moved into this house.  The pattern included this dress pattern and a pants pattern that I have used to make pants for my nephew.  If I can find enough fabric I like in my box of scrap fabric I will make some pants for baby next.  For this dress I used leftover fabric I used to line a skirt I made myself a year or so ago and a bigger piece of scrap fabric given to me when I was collecting for a quilt project.  So far in all the sewing I have done for baby I have only had to buy fabric for the back of her quilt and for the cushions on her chair, everything else has been made from scraps I had or that were given to me.  Finding good ways to use small pieces of fabric is fun and works well when you are sewing for someone who will be so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment