Sunday, October 28, 2012

Quilts and decorating


 
I made this quilt for Madeline's nursery.  I spent the first half of my pregnancy working on it just a little bit at a time and it came together wonderfully.  With the exception of the fabric on the back and around the border I did not buy any fabric for this quilt (it would have been very expensive if I had bought that many different fabrics).  Family members have been giving me their scraps and I love how it worked out.
 
 
 The baby will be staying in our room until we feel she is ready to stay in her own room.  She has a space with some of her things and a craddle and chair in our room.  This quilt is on her chair in our room.  My Aunt made this quilt for her and it is beautiful (her quilting skills leave mine in the dust).  Note the dog who insisted on being a part of the show when we opened gifts.
 
We are loving the handmade baby things these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment