Monday, August 8, 2011

Pork

I don't have any pictures, but today we said goodbye to Pat and Lenny (I'm not sure how I never took any pictures of them).  We have decided not to give the next pigs names (it did not really bother me...which is weird because I am such an animal lover) but others got attached to the pigs a little bit more.  To be 100% honest I do not like pigs, so sending them to be slaughtered today felt like success to me.  It means food on the table, food we grew right here at home.  I am a huge animal lover, but you learn to realize that some animals are pets and some are food.  Pat and Lenny are food animals and I appreciate them for that.  What I have to try to remember as I eat our pork is not to think about when Pat and Lenny ate....because it was absolutely disgusting and would ruin anyone's appetite very quickly.  You know the kid on A Christmas Story, when his mom tells him to eat like the pig....thats how they eat, but they are wrinkly and hairy and are usually eating a nasty mix of old break, milk and whatever we scraped off our plates that week.

and on that note, I am no longer hungry for lunch....maybe I should use thoughts of pigs eating as a diet plan

No comments:

Post a Comment