Thursday, June 23, 2011

A trip to the BIG farmer's market

Today we took a trip to the big farmer's market in Greensboro.  It is about an hour and 15 minutes from home.  I was already in Winston-Salem though so it was only and extra 30 minutes out of my way.  With $15 in hand I set out in pursuit of 2 things....goat cheese and peaches.

I came home with a few extra items....zucchini, squash and blackberries (And still did not spend all of my $15).  My blackberries at home are not black yet, they are still purple and green.

The cheese is amazing.  The Goat Lady Dairy is a beautiful farm not far from this farmer's market and I cannot pass up buying some of this amazing cheese when I go to this farmer's market.  This time I got roasted red pepper spreadable cheese. AMAZING!

Also note the reusable produce bags.  My mom picked  a few of these up for me and I just love them.  No more of those plastic bags that you cannot get open (honestly, how many times have you tried to pull open those long plastic bags and struggled)     Anyways you take your stuff home in those plastic bags and immediately throw them away.  These bags are my solution and they are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment