Thursday, June 30, 2011

milk jugs

I got new milk jugs today.  We had been keeping milk in a large plastic pitcher that did not fit well in the fridge and spilled easily because it did not seal up.  It was the best solution though because it had a large enough opening in the top to fill from the milk tank.  Myles finally found us the perfect milk pitchers....
if you look closely you can see where I wrote my name on the bottom of his cast
...what with his broken leg he has a lot of time to spend sitting around looking for things online.


These pitchers are perfect, they are glass not plastic!!!! And they have well sealing screw on lids with flip caps for pouring.  As soon as they came I quickly stamped labels on them and went to get more milk.  We can now easily keep skim and whole milk on hand (skim for me, whole for him).  I am very excited about these.  I poured in the whole raw milk from the pastic pitcher and then after some quick stovetop pasturizing and skimming I had skim milk for myself! 

Tomorrow holds a day of canning pickles!

No comments:

Post a Comment