Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Raining Wednesday

Today it has rained all day, a lot.  My plans to take my plants I started from seed a couple of week ago outside have been hindered by rain twice now.  Over the past weekend it rained 3 and a half inches, though I did manage to plant my strawberry plants Saturday morning before it really started to come down and they look great.  Today was a home day because I have been feeling poorly since the weekend and I have a big test to take on Saturday for grad school so I want to make sure I am well.  I stayed home and took a nap, studied a lot, made some bread in the bread maker and some pizza dough so Myles can make us pizza for supper (yum).  I washed my hands a lot so hopefully I will not contaminate anyone else with my cold.  I also got in a bit of reading and a bit of knitting which was great.  Spring (am I getting ahead of myself by saying it is spring) is very busy, and between school, work, and home (animals, gardening, cooking and cleaning) there has been very little time for reading or knitting which are two of my favorite things to do.  Although I will be sad when school is out for the summer i am looking forward to getting to spend more time on the other things I love to do.

Our new real food diet is going well.  We have enjoyed our meals this week end Myles and my dad have taken to reading a lot of labels curiously, wondering what is in some of the things we still have around the house.  Bad news for the mayonaise we buy (lucky for me we have a few jars in the cabinet so it will be a while before I have to tackle that one).  I am also going to attempt to be less lazy about the milk we drink.  I have been buying milk (yes, spending money on exactly what we make here).  I have been drinking skim milk since I was a kid (high cholesterol) and turning the rich whole milk into fat free-ish skim milk is work, but I guess I need to step it up a notch.  We are enjoying though, knowing that what we are putting in our bodies is real food, not something that just looks like food.

No comments:

Post a Comment