Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm Still Alive, Call Off the Dogs

We are in Raleigh this week for the State 4-H Horse Show and I have not have the time to get on the computer until now....My computer also is not working.  I knew I needed a new one but I was hoping I could hold off until the end of August.  We have a desktop computer at home and I may try to get by with that for the next month and a half.

The horse show is going well and has been a lot of fun besides the fact that it is 100 degrees with 80% humidity and the sun shining down as hard as it can.  I will post pictures from the show on Monday (we will be heading home Sunday).

Three quick things though. 

One being that Myles planted sweet corn  this year and it was ready to be harvested on Thursday and I missed it.  I am sad.  Myles went home for a few days to take care of things at and keep the horses worked and he will be back to the show tomorrow so he was there for the corn.  My sister and bother-in-law and their three boys were there for the corn too, but not me.  There will be some for me when I get home, but they have been eating it and enjoying it without me for a few days.

Secondly, it rained!!!  We have not had measurable rain since June 16th.  Last night it rained at home, I missed that too, but it can rain while I am gone and that will not hurt my feelings.

Last:  Molly was the chosen one to come to this horse show.  My dad went and bought her this pool  to keep her cool while she is here in Raleigh and she loves it.  Molly loves to swim (I took her swimming in the creek on Tuesday and I slipped and fell in the water, of course)  She likes to just sit in this water and stick her head under.

That is all for now, back to the heat of the horse show I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment